When living on a college campus, the simple pleasures of being able to cruise to unwalkable distances on your own time, in your own car, playing your own music is a thing of the past for most of us vehicle-less students.
In these dark times for transportation in our lives, there is usually a token friend with a car on campus who can swoop in for the rescue when in desperate need of a Target run or when the calling for off campus food becomes too strong to ignore. Which is great! Until you realize that your chauffeur, who, don't get it twisted, you are very grateful for, thinks they are auditioning for the ninth Fast and Furious (really, eight just wasn't enough?)
Riding passenger with this kind of friend, will go a little something like this...
1. Literally what would I do if I didn't have a friend with a car?
2. It's honestly amazing that they're even willing to drive me around.
3. Man, my friends are so selfless.
4. I'm such a great judge of character.
5. My friends would really do anything for me.
6. TBH I don't know why...
7. Not a shot in hell I'd be chauffeuring anybody around if I had a car.
8. Am I a bad person?
9. Self reflection can happen later, right now I just need to get off this campus.
10. Driving me around AND they're giving me AUX privileges? Beautiful.
11. And guess what?
12. Mom's not around so I'm not putting on my seat belt.
14. Livin' on the edge.
15. Alright comin' up on a yellow light.
16. This is where we separate the boys from the men.
17. On second thought there's no way we're making this light.
18. Well I guess they have other plans.
19. Goin 80 through an intersection in a 40 zone okay nbd
20. Not like that's where cops watch for speeders or anything.
21. Whatever, their ticket not mine.
22. I mean at least this'll be an efficient trip, right?
23. Alright back to the AUX.
24. That was definitely a stop sign we just went through...
25. Hmm they don't seem phased maybe I imagined that.
26. No one ever drives around this college town anyway.
27. But maybe they shouldn't be playing Candy Crush and driving?
28. Just a suggestion...
29. Don't want to be annoying though, they are voluntarily driving me after all.
30. Should just keep my thoughts to myself and stay in my lane.
31. Speaking of people who should stay in their lane...
32. On second thought, that seatbelt sounds pretty nice.
33. So maybe this wasn't the moves...
34. I do really need to do some errands though.
35. ...but I also value my life
36. The perennial struggle.
37. Gotta think of something different next time.
38. I could just walk.
39. Or there is Zipcar.
40. Or maybe a razor scooter?
Next time, I'm just reserving a Zipcar so I can drive myself.